All too often well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their athletes right before or during games and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
I gave another copy of this CD directly to a couple of parents. The response was so positive these parents have actually volunteered to participate in helping to run [a] parent workshop. They listened to the CDs and consciously put into practice some of your parent guidelines. As a result, not only are they enjoying closer relationships with their children, but the kids are enjoying their sport again! – Tim, NC
- Do you know how to get the best out of your child/athlete?
- Does your child/athlete feel good about him/herself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your child/athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your child/athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your child-athlete to go as far as possible in their sport?
I was listening to your “Parents” audio today on my drive and I have to say it opened my eyes! Especially the part where you talk about “good” and “bad” nervous. What a life skills gift to teach parents how to teach their kids how to roll with the “juice” that naturally comes up as you’re about to perform! The “Juice” is normal, it is what will fuel you. Don’t fear “The Juice” embrace it. Such a great audio! Thank you. – Wesley NV
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports dropout and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
This is a GREAT tool to use with any sports parents. I had the parents [of the kids I coach] listen to it in one of our meetings and I couldn’t believe the response. It opened their eyes. Doc, you have such a great way of presenting things. Your humor makes parents willing to listen to all the things they’ve been doing wrong and what they need to do to change without getting defensive. Bless you. – Ray B, Head Coach, MD
If you’re the parent of a child-athlete or you coach a team, and you really want your kids to be happy and successful, then this audio program is a must for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital