You can’t reach your potential as a ball player if you get too nervous, hang onto your errors and bad at-bats, focus on the wrong things or don’t believe in yourself.
Alan, Jake got through the chapters you suggested on concentration last night and this morning. He then hit a 2 run homer out of the park as part of a go-ahead win tonight! I attached a picture of him holding his home run ball. He’s so happy and immediately asked me to thank you for your help which he’s going to keep using. As a parent seeing the joy on his face is priceless! Thank you! Thank you! – John FL
- Are you stuck in a hitting or fielding slump?
- Do you have trouble letting go of bad at-bats and errors?
- Are you too easily intimidated by opposing players?
- Do you get flooded by last minute negative thinking and doubts?
- Do pregame nerves steal your confidence and wreck your game?
- Do you hit better in BP than games?
Hey Dr. G! You were right! When Haley started focusing the right way, she broke out of her hitting slump immediately! She has been on a tear ever since! Your little book has taught us both some important lessons. I see her going thru it every night before she goes to bed these days! What a turnaround! Gratefully – Samatha, AZ
- Become aware of the mental differences between good and bad games
- Learn the biggest mental mistake made by ball players and how you can avoid it
- Develop the ability to stay cool and calm in the clutch
- Build winning self-confidence
- Master championship concentration and the ability to quickly let your errors and bad at-bats go
- Bust out of slumps
- Learn to mentally prepare for those really important games
Dr. G, I’ve been a supporter and user of your mental toughness and slump busting programs for years. I coach competitive AAU basketball for boys and girls and boys select baseball. I can’t begin to tell you how often I refer to your suggestions. My son is 12 now and he practically knows each cd by memory and he goes to bed at night reading your Hitting and Fielding In The Clutch book. Most of my teams have listened to at least part of your audio series and as an adjunct professor in a behavioral science department, I have access to experts in human behavior everyday. What I truly appreciate about your books and MP3s is that you have reduced theory down to a very practical and usable instrument. Thanks for your contribution to youth sports! – Phil MO
Baseball is a mental game and Goldberg shows you how to play it well. Hitting and Fielding in the Clutch will help you do just that. A simple yet powerful mental toughness training manual – Chris, CT
Hitting and Fielding In the Clutch will help you strengthen your mental muscles and add the one critical tool to your game that you are missing!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Print Edition, Digital