In baseball, performance blocks and the yips stem from accumulated sports upsets including sports injuries, failures, and humiliations that are unconsciously stored in the brain and body. These can’t be resolved with traditional performance enhancement techniques!
Amazing Book! Purchased this book for my husband and once he started reading the book, he couldn’t put it down. He said it was fascinating and so “spot on”. My husband played professional ball and my son is currently at a Div I college playing ball. My husband said that if he knew what this book speaks of back when he played pro ball, he would have had a longer pro career. Every athlete, coach, and parent (especially father) of an athlete will benefit from reading this book. – Amazon Review
- Has positve self-talk, imagery and relaxation techniques failed to resolve your slump, fears, choking or freezing?
- Have you mysteriously lost skills and ablilities that you have had for years?
- Is your performance problem killing your love for your sport?
An eye-opening approach to working with athletes! As a former athlete and current coach, this book has opened my eyes to outside factors that can truly have a very debilitating effect on the performance of athletes. The challenges of sport require mind and body to be in sync and athletes may experience the ripples of underlying problems coming out in their play that may have no relation to sport, and may not have happened recently. The authors have found a new approach to understanding and treating the most unreachable athletes. I suggest this book for any counselor, coach, teacher, parent and or athlete that may be looking for answers as to “Why?”. It’s all relevant when it comes to life experiences and this book explains why sport is no exception. – Amazon Review
This revolutionary new book introduces the breakthrough concept of RSPPs-Repetitive Sports Performance Problems
A real breakthrough book for athletes! Having been frustrated using traditional cognitive-behavioral approaches with athletes experiencing freezing, choking or the yips, This book packs in all of the information you need to make a wonderful impact with athletes suffering from these recurrent sports performance issues. I was able to put the breakthrough therapy of ‘brainspotting’ to immediate use with my clients and the results were spectacular! I would highly recommend this book and its’ techniques to all practitioners who work with athletes. You will be thrilled with your results. But that’s not all. The authors wrote this book so that athletes could also benefit. They carefully put together treatment strategies that athletes can employ even without a therapist. I recommend this not just for therapists who work with athletes, but for athletes themselves! – Amazon Review
- An easy read, This is Your Brain On Sports is filled with engaging, and inspiring stories.
- Case examples illustrate how professional, elite, collegiate and junior athletes have been freed for good from this silent “epidemic” of performance blocks and fears including: the yips, “Steve Blass disease,” “Mackey Sasser syndrome,” slumps, balking, choking and freezing.
- Based on the thousands of struggling athletes who Dr. G and Dr. Grand have helped using their breakthrough approach working one-on-one with athletes around the world.
- The “treatment” and “self-help” chapters will teach you how to begin to resolve your fears and blocks and get back on track to peak performance!
This is Your Brain On Sports provides the answers and the cure for ballplayers, their coaches and parents about Beating Blocks, Slumps and Performance fears for Good!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|8 × 5 × 0.519 in
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL