All too often, well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their basketball players right before or during competitions and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
I was listening to your “Parents” audio today on my drive and I have to say it opened my eyes! Especially the part where you talk about “good” and “bad” nervous. What a life skills gift to teach parents how to teach their kids how to roll with the “juice” that naturally comes up as you’re about to perform! The “Juice” is normal, it is what will fuel you. Don’t fear “The Juice” embrace it. Such a great audio! Thank you. – Wesley, Nevada
- Do you know how to get the best out of your child/athlete?
- Does your child/athlete feel good about him/herself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your child/athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your child/athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your child-athlete to go as far as possible in their sport?
Dr. G, Just wanted to let you know that Casey made the varsity team this weekend! She said that in tryouts, she used everything you had taught her on your basketball CDs which she has been working hard on for the last several weeks! She told me to tell you how much it had helped her. As a mom watching her previous struggles, I cannot thank you enough for your work and willingness to answer questions and I will surely include you in my list of people to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! – Jane, Georgia
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports drop-out and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
This is a GREAT tool to use with any sport parents. I had the parents…listen to it in one of our meetings and I couldn’t believe the response. It opened their eyes. Doc, you have such a great way of presenting things. Your humor makes parents willing to listen to all the things they’ve been doing wrong and what they need to do to change without getting defensive. Bless you. – Ray B, Head Coach, Maryland
If you’re the parent of a child-athlete or you coach a team, and you really want your kids to be happy and successful, then this CD/MP3 program is a must for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital