“I was cut from my high school team last season because I was too tentative and intimidated by the other girls. I felt like a total failure. I wanted to quit and then my mom found your Basketball book. After working with it, I got really motivated to start working with a trainer all spring and summer and now I’m looking forward to tryouts. My confidence and intensity are back, my game has improved and I am now mentally tougher than ever. Thank you!” Carly, TN
- Do you play better in practice than big games or important tryouts?
- Are you easily intimidated by bigger, stronger opponents?
- Do excessive pre-game jitters steal your confidence?
- Do you have trouble letting go of missed shot, mistakes or bad games?
- Do you really want to reach your basketball dreams?
- Are you struggling with a shooting slump?
“I used to play so much better in practice. My shot would always drop and then I’d get in a game and freeze. I would be afraid to shoot and get rid of the ball the minute I got it! I was so worried about messing up and getting benched that I would! Your Basketball book really helped me calm down and focus. I realized I was taking too much mental garbage on the court and that was wrecking my game. Now I know when I start to make those same old mistakes and I’m able to correct them before they bring me down!” Jane W, 16
You can’t reach your dreams on the court and become a great basketball player without first using your head: You must learn to develop mental toughness.
- Test your current mental strengths and weaknesses and understand the mental differences between your best and worst games
- Learn how to motivate yourself on a daily basis to take your training to the next level
- Better handle last minute doubts and negative self-talk
- Develop winning concentration and stay cool and calm under BIG game pressure
- Quickly let go of missed shots, mistakes and bad calls
- Avoid psych-outs and intimidation and mentally prepare yourself for those BIG games
“Dr. G! What a great book! ‘Using Your Head’ has helped me help my ball players put it all together under pressure! It’s simple to understand yet powerful in its effects! Thanks for such a great training tool! Tony, MI.
“Using Your Head To Play Championship Basketball” is a must for any athlete who is serious about their game and would like to take their abilities as far as possible.
|Dimensions||8 × 5 × 0.519 in|
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL