The fact is that you can’t reach your true potential as a cheer athlete without training the mental dimension.
“Dr. G, I just finished reading This is Your Brain On Sports and I absolutely loved it! It opened my eyes to what really causes athletes to fall apart and it will help me be more effective with my players!” – Frank
- Has positve self-talk, imagery and relaxation techniques failed to resolve your slump, fears, choking or freezing?
- Have you mysteriously lost skills and ablilities that you have had for years?
- Is your performance problem killing your love for your sport?
I am a former Olympic-level gymnast and wanted you to know that without the help of your CDs, (Gymnastics With The Competitive Edge) I’m not sure I would have been able to hit when the pressure was on. I had developed weird blocks and your Gymnastics CDs helped me to develop the reputation as the most consistent and trustworthy team member. I competed on the Pan-Pac team, the World team and made the team at Olympic Trials! I now coach and have all my girls listen to your program! – Mary Beth Arnold, 1995 World Championships Bronze Medalist
This revolutionary new book introduces the breakthrough concept of RSPPs-Repetitive Sports Performance Problems
“A real breakthrough book for athletes! Having been frustrated using traditional cognitive-behavioral approaches with athletes experiencing freezing, choking or the yips, this book packs in all of the information you need to make a wonderful impact with athletes suffering from these recurrent sports performance issues. I was able to put the breakthrough therapy of `brainspotting’ to immediate use with my clients and the results were spectacular! I would highly recommend this book and its techniques to all practitioners who work with athletes. You will be thrilled with your results. But that’s not all. The authors wrote this book so that athletes could also benefit. They carefully put together treatment strategies that athletes can employ even without a therapist. I recommend this not just for therapists who work with athletes, but for athletes themselves!” Amazon Review
- An easy read, This is Your Brain On Sports is filled with engaging, and inspiring stories.
- Case examples illustrate how professional, elite, collegiate and junior athletes have been freed for good from this silent “epidemic” of performance blocks and fears including: the yips, “Steve Blass disease,” “Mackey Sasser syndrome,” slumps, balking, choking and freezing.
- Based on the thousands of struggling athletes who Dr. G and Dr. Grand have helped using their breakthrough approach working one-on-one with athletes around the world.
- The “treatment” and “self-help” chapters will teach you how to begin to resolve your fears and blocks and get back on track to peak performance!
If you want to develop the mind of a champion cheer athlete, then this comprehensive, easy-to-listen-to program is just for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||8 × 5 × 0.519 in|
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL