Over the past 34 years I have specialized in helping athletes at all levels overcome performance fears and blocks and perform to their potential. I have trained thousands of coaches and parents on where their dancers need to be mentally in order to perform their best when it counts the most. This program will help you as parents to understand the secrets to peak performance and what you need to do to help your child have a happy and successful dance experience.
“I have downloaded your 14 Steps to mental toughness and have been listening to them with my son. I must say that it is having a very positive impact on both of us!! We live in the UK where this type of science is not well known, but now I am persuaded by it! I am so grateful that I discovered your work as my son is only 17 so has plenty of time to benefit.” Mohammed UK
Parents want to know:
- What role should I play on the parent/athlete/coach/team?
- What do I say and do after my child has a particularly painful failure?
- How will the Principles of PEAK PERFORMANCE help my child perform to their potential?
- What traps do I need to avoid so that my child has a happy and healthy youth sport experience?
- What should I do when my child is stuck in a slump or blocked by fears?
An eye-opening approach to working with athletes. As a former athlete and current coach this book has opened my eyes to outside factors that can truly have a very debilitating effect on the performance of athletes. The challenges of sport require mind and body to be in sync and athletes may experience the ripples of underlying problems coming out in their play that may have no relation to sport, and may not have happened recently. The authors have found a new approach to understanding and treating the most unreachable athletes. I suggest this book for any counselor, coach, teacher, parent and or athlete that may be looking for answers as to “Why?”.It’s all relevant when it comes to life experiences and this book explains why sport is no exception. – Amazon reviewer
- The biggest mental trap that parents fall into and how to AVOID IT!
- What your child-athlete most needs from you to stay calm and perform like a winner!
- How to help your child use his/her failures to become successful!
- Why dancers consistently do better in practice than competition!
- What you need to do if you want your child to WIN MORE!
I want to let you know how much I enjoy and respect your series, “14 Steps.” I coach a small high school and your program not only helped my team play better under pressure, it significantly helped my 17 year old daughter who’s a three sport athlete. She used to think too much and get too nervous going into games. Now she plays the way she practices, relaxed and aggressively. Thanks for your product. – Gail, Montana
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
WHAT IS INCLUDED
14 STEPS TO MENTAL TOUGHNESS
Develop the mind of a CHAMPION! Dr. G’s most popular CDs will help you perform your BEST when it counts the MOST!
PARENTS AND COACHES GUIDE TO WINNING AT THE YOUTH SPORTS GAME
What EVERY parent and coach needs to know to help your child-athlete feel and perform like a WINNER!
THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON SPORTS
Dr. G.’s revolutionary new book will help you beat blocks and performance fears for good!
SPORTS SLUMP BUSTING
10 Steps to MENTAL TOUGHNESS and peak performance for coaches and athletes. Everything you need to know to bust slumps and get back on track!
|Dimensions||12 × 10 × 3 in|