All too often, well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their fencers right before or during competitions and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
I was listening to your “Parents” audio today on my drive and I have to say it opened my eyes! Especially the part where you talk about “good” and “bad” nervous. What a life skills gift to teach parents how to teach their kids how to roll with the “juice” that naturally comes up as you’re about to perform! The “Juice” is normal, it is what will fuel you. Don’t fear “The Juice” embrace it. Such a great audio! Thank you. – Wesley, Nevada
- Do you know how to get the best out of your child/athlete?
- Does your child/athlete feel good about him/herself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your child/athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your child/athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your child-athlete to go as far as possible in their sport?
Alan: Dennis did great this past weekend at the tournament in Kansas City—he placed in the top 32 for points (his first for this age bracket!). This result does not however give the full measure of his fencing that day which was superb—many people said his last bout with the #2 ranked fencer in the US was “a bout for the record books!” Even that fencer said—“Wow Dennis—where did that come from?” Although he lost by one point (15/14), his fencing was amazing. He had great control and I was so pleased to see him fencing this well. He also got lots of attention from college coaches after they watched this bout. This would not have been possible without you and your CDs. Thank you again. – Linda, New Jersey
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports drop-out and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
Coach G, Just a quick note to thank you for all of your help and your wonderful CDs. They have remarkably changed Ben’s whole approach to his fencing. No longer does he implode under the pressure of facing tougher opponents! No longer is he a nervous wreck before his bouts! It’s like he’s a different kid out there! If he has a bad result in pools, he doesn’t let it get in his head the way it used to and ruin the next few bouts. This is huge for him! I am so grateful we found your site! Even I can now relax and enjoy his fencing. Thanks! – Marty, New York
If you’re the parent of a fencer or you coach, and you really want your kids to be happy and successful, then this CD/MP3 program is a must for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital