In figure skating, performance blocks and the yips stem from accumulated sports upsets including sports injuries, failures, and humiliations that are unconsciously stored in the brain and body. These can’t be resolved with traditional performance enhancement techniques!
“Dr. G, I just finished reading This is Your Brain On Sports and I absolutely loved it! It opened my eyes to what really causes athletes to fall apart and it will help me be more effective with my players!” – Frank
- Has positve self-talk, imagery and relaxation techniques failed to resolve your slump, fears, choking or freezing?
- Have you mysteriously lost skills and ablilities that you have had for years?
- Is your performance problem killing your love for your sport?
Dr. G, I want to thank you for giving Ainsley the tools to achieve her skating dreams this year. As you were aware, she struggled at competitions to complete the programs she worked so many hours to perfect in practice. Your advice to Jack and I was to “give her the control so she can be accountable”. It worked and she has moved on to the next level! Thank you and your program for giving her the confidence to get the job done! – Judy, New York
This revolutionary new book introduces the breakthrough concept of RSPPs-Repetitive Sports Performance Problems
“A real breakthrough book for athletes! Having been frustrated using traditional cognitive-behavioral approaches with athletes experiencing freezing, choking or the yips, this book packs in all of the information you need to make a wonderful impact with athletes suffering from these recurrent sports performance issues. I was able to put the breakthrough therapy of `brainspotting’ to immediate use with my clients and the results were spectacular! I would highly recommend this book and its techniques to all practitioners who work with athletes. You will be thrilled with your results. But that’s not all. The authors wrote this book so that athletes could also benefit. They carefully put together treatment strategies that athletes can employ even without a therapist. I recommend this not just for therapists who work with athletes, but for athletes themselves!” Amazon Review
- An easy read, This Is Your Brain on Sports is filled with engaging, and inspiring stories.
- Case examples illustrate how professional, elite, collegiate and junior athletes have been freed for good from this silent “epidemic” of performance blocks and fears including: the yips, “Steve Blass disease,” “Mackey Sasser syndrome,” slumps, balking, choking and freezing.
- Based on the thousands of struggling athletes who Dr. G and Dr. Grand have helped using their breakthrough approach working one-on-one via Skype with athletes around the world.
- The “treatment” and “self-help” chapters will teach you how to begin to resolve your fears and blocks and get back on track to peak performance!
This Is Your Brain on Sports provides the answers and the cure for figure skaters, their coaches and parents about Beating Blocks, Slumps and Performance fears for Good!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||8 × 5 × 0.519 in|
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL