Golf coaches across the country are always asking me ‘How do I work with my athletes’ parents so that they support their child and my program and really understand what their role is?’
“Thanks so much! I finally learned how to get my parents on the same page that I’m on. They’re actually helping me now! Go Figure! It has made things so much much easier for me to do my job. I think this is a critically important book for coaches in any sport.” Jack, Florida
- Are over-involved parents driving you to distraction?
- Are you spending far too much of your time trying to manage out of control parents?
- Do you really want to be successful as a coach?
- A humorous, yet practical look into why parents act the way they do and how you as a coach can actively train them to be more productive members of your team.
- Unchecked parental misbehavior can sabotage all your hard work and coaching expertise, distract your athletes from the task at hand, and drive you to an early retirement.
I’m a die-hard golfer and this book saved my life. I stumbled across it a couple of months ago while in a major league slump with my game. I thought I was really screwed up, but this book helped me understand how my slump started and that I wasn’t nuts. That was half the battle. The other half was in all the specific – and easy – ways to correct the problem. I can’t play too much at this time of year, but I’ve played enough to see these techniques work. Greg Norman should have called this guy. The icing on the cake is that so much of the stuff in this book has not only gotten me out of my slump, but has really helped me play much better than I was before. My last 3 rounds have been the best I’ve ever done in my life. Anybody who has hidden fantasies of being the oldest player ever to qualify for the PGA Tour (like I do) should check this out. – Amazon Reviewer
Dr. G’s book will teach you how to head off parent problems early on, defuse crises and win the support of the parents so that they enhance rather than undercut your efforts. Getting Parents to Work With You, Not Against You is a must read for any golf coach who is looking for practical advice and strategies to help them work with their athletes’ parents!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|12 × 10 × 3 in