The fact is that you can’t reach your true potential as a gymnast without training the mental dimension.
“Dr. G, I just finished reading This is Your Brain On Sports and I absolutely loved it! It opened my eyes to what really causes athletes to fall apart and it will help me be more effective with my players!” – Frank
- Has positve self-talk, imagery and relaxation techniques failed to resolve your slump, fears, choking or freezing?
- Have you mysteriously lost skills and ablilities that you have had for years?
- Is your performance problem killing your love for your sport?
“Thank you Alan! My eldest daughter has benefitted from your encouragement through your gym CD’s while she was overcoming fear as a younger gymnast who had to leave the sport because of her fears! She has since had a cinderella-like story, advancing to D1 competition at UCLA and becoming the most consistent, high scoring member of her team in her final two years there! After a national championship, performing professionally with world class gymnasts on 3 ESPN2 specials and doing some Hollywood stunt work, and once again, against the odds, she is training to compete as an elite and hopes to compete internationally. Just thought you might like to know that one of the little girls asking you for help a few years ago, turned out okay. We are so very grateful for your help and for what you do and your programs do for others.” John, California
This revolutionary new book introduces the breakthrough concept of RSPPs-Repetitive Sports Performance Problems
“A real breakthrough book for athletes! Having been frustrated using traditional cognitive-behavioral approaches with athletes experiencing freezing, choking or the yips, this book packs in all of the information you need to make a wonderful impact with athletes suffering from these recurrent sports performance issues. I was able to put the breakthrough therapy of `brainspotting’ to immediate use with my clients and the results were spectacular! I would highly recommend this book and its techniques to all practitioners who work with athletes. You will be thrilled with your results. But that’s not all. The authors wrote this book so that athletes could also benefit. They carefully put together treatment strategies that athletes can employ even without a therapist. I recommend this not just for therapists who work with athletes, but for athletes themselves!” Amazon Review
- An easy read, This Is Your Brain On Sports is filled with engaging, and inspiring stories.
- Case examples illustrate how professional, elite, collegiate and junior athletes have been freed for good from this silent “epidemic” of performance blocks and fears including: the yips, “Steve Blass disease,” “Mackey Sasser syndrome,” slumps, balking, choking and freezing.
- Based on the thousands of struggling athletes who Dr. G and Dr. Grand have helped using their breakthrough approach working one-on-one with athletes around the world.
- The “treatment” and “self-help” chapters will teach you how to begin to resolve your fears and blocks and get back on track to peak performance!
If you want to develop the mind of a champion gymnast, then this comprehensive, easy-to-listen-to program is just for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||8 × 5 × 0.519 in|
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL