All too often, well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their rodeo athletes right before or during competitions and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
Dr. G, Your words are right on! They calmed Annie down and even helped me relax. Annie is ranked 15th fastest youth barrel racer in CHSRA! The top 12 riders moved on to the “short go” for Sunday. Only the top five of those will go on to Nationals. Annie’s time for both days was just a few 100ths of a second away from those in the top 12. In goat tying she had two fabulous runs but just missed Nationals in both events! While Annie didn’t make it to Nationals, we are very proud of her performances and of how she conquered her nerves. She improved her times in both events – and her attitude on Saturday was so very much more calm and confident than it has ever been! What’s clear now is that she is having fun this is the most important thing!I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your wisdom and product (14 Steps)! Jane, California
- Do you know how to get the best out of your child/athlete?
- Does your child/athlete feel good about him/herself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your child/athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your child/athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your child-athlete to go as far as possible in their sport?
“I want to let you know how much I enjoy and respect your [program]. I coach a small high school and your program not only helped my team play better under pressure, it significantly helped my 17 year old daughter who’s a three sport athlete. She used to think too much and get too nervous… Now she plays the way she practices, relaxed and aggressively. Thanks for your product.” Gail, Montana
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports drop-out and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
This is a GREAT tool to use with any sport parents. I had the parents on my soccer team lsiten to it in one of our meetings and I couldn’t believe the response. It opened their eyes. Doc, you have such a great way of presenting things. Your humor makes parents willing to listen to all the things they’ve been doing wrong and what they need to do to change without getting defensive. Bless you. – Ray B, Head Coach, MD
If you’re the parent of a rodeo athlete or you coach, and you really want your kids to be happy and successful, then this CD/MP3 program is a must for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital