The fact is that you can’t reach your true potential as a soccer player without training the mental dimension.
I’ve coached club soccer and U-18’s for almost 25 years and this is probably the best mental toughness coaching guide for this sport I’ve ever seen. It’s easily written, covers every aspect involved in developing a mentally tough team and players, and your sense of humor throughout makes reading it a pleasure. I was always a little tentative about talking about the mental side with my players, but not anymore. Now I have a “bible” to follow and refer back to. Great book! Thanks – Jon R, California
- Are you stuck in a slump or blocked by fears?
- Do you inexplicably lose to weaker opponents?
- Does your concentration abandon you just at that crucial moment?
- Do you have problems choking under pressure?
- Do you lack mental toughness?
- Would you like to know how to mentally prepare for BIG competitions?
14 STEPS TO MENTAL TOUGHNESS will systematically help you resolve those mental problems that keep you from taking your game to that next level. Through the use of exercises, motivational and teaching stories and proven mental toughness strategies you’ll learn to recognize the causes of choking and poor performance and quickly overcome them.
- Develop the ability to deal with last minute negativity and self-doubts
- Control those run-away nerves so that you stay cool and calm under pressure
- Quickly rebound from failure and adversity
- Let go of your mistakes and control your emotions during competition
- Develop the ability to concentrate like a winner
- Identify and avoid the biggest mental mistake made by athletes
- Mentally prepare for those important performances
- Motivate yourself to get the most out of your training on a daily basis
Congratulations on your program, “14 Steps!” They are truly outstanding and thoroughly cover all the mental aspects of sports which are challenging to athletes and coaches. We are using them this year as part of our weekly training program and the kids love your stories and teachings! – Ken S., Head Coach, North Carolina
14 Steps is designed for both coaches and athletes at every level, across all sports. It’s loaded with mental toughness skills, exercises and motivational stories that will help you overcome performance problems, bust slumps and turn you into a consistently mentally tough competitor.
Dr. G, I’m the starting keeper for a D-1 program out West and used to find myself struggling if I let in an early goal. I’d get into overthinking and worrying about making more mistakes, or the coaches pulling me. This would only make me more nervous and slow me down. My dad downloaded your audio series after the last season and I have been “working” with you ever since! The difference in my mindset has been incredible. I have learned to control my concentration, let my mistakes go (even if I let in a soft goal which I never do anymore LOL!) and stay calm under pressure. My confidence has grown and I know I am a better player than I have ever been! Thanks for all of your help! – Danny, Virginia
If you want to develop the mind of a champion soccer player, then this comprehensive, easy-to-listen-to program is just for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.4 in|
Audio CD, Digital