You can’t reach your dreams on the pitch and become a soccer champion without first using your head: You must learn to develop mental toughness.
I just love your book. I never realized how much my head got in my way until I took the mental toughness test in the beginning of it. I saw myself on those pages and it opened my eyes! My coach was trying to tell me that this was the part of the game that was holding me back but I didn’t really believe him. Now I know that what he has been telling me is true! You’ve taught me how to keep my cool when things don’t go the way I want them to. I don’t get psyched out anymore and I can say I have never focused better under pressure than now. No one will ever call me a head case again! I’ve even told some of my friends about your book. – Jaime D, New York
- Do you play better in practice than big games or important tryouts?
- Are you easily intimidated by bigger, stronger opponents?
- Do excessive pre-game jitters steal your skills and confidence?
- Do you have trouble letting go of your mistakes?
- Do you have trouble focusing on what’s important and letting go of distractions?
- Do you really want to reach your soccer dreams?
- Can be used be used by Coaches along side “Developing Mentally Tough Soccer Players: A Coaches Guide”
This book has totally changed my game! I used to get psyched out against certain teams and players. Then I’d play afraid. Plus when I made mistakes, they’d stay with me the rest of the half. Your book has taught me how to be mentally tough. I can’t believe that it’s me out there playing that way! I made the varsity and I’m getting more playing time than ever! Thanks Dr. G! – Rob T. Seattle, Washington
- Test your current mental strengths and weaknesses and understand the mental differences between your best and worst games
- Learn how to motivate yourself on a daily basis to take your training to the next level
- Better handle negative self-talk
- Develop winning concentration.
- Stay cool and calm under pressure
- Quickly let go of mistakes, avoid psych-outs and intimidation
- Mentally prepare yourself for those big games
I have all your books (absolutely LOVE Using Your Head) and very much use your techniques daily as a professional soccer coach in England. I work with players from ages 9 and 10 as well as adults and find that with adjustments to compensate for the difference in ages and cognitive capabilities, your techniques have served me well over the years to make the most out of the potential of my boys. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your work and please keep me informed of new products! – Jose, United Kingdom
Using Your Head To Play Championship Soccer is a WINNER! It is easy to understand, my kids love it and I can see the key changes in their play since we have started working with it with our team! Thanks – Ray, Connecticut
Using Your Head To Play Championship Soccer is a must for any athlete who is serious about this game and would like to take their abilities as far as possible.
|Dimensions||12 × 10 × 3 in|
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL