In softball performance blocks and the yips stem from accumulated sports upsets including sports injuries, failures, and humiliations that are unconsciously stored in the brain and body. These can’t be resolved with traditional performance enhancement techniques!
Dr. G, I just finished reading This is Your Brain On Sports and I absolutely loved it! It opened my eyes to what really causes athletes to fall apart and it will help me be more effective with my players! – Frank
- Has positve self-talk, imagery and relaxation techniques failed to resolve your slump, fears, choking or freezing?
- Have you mysteriously lost skills and ablilities that you have had for years?
- Is your performance problem killing your love for your sport?
We purchased your new softball book for our daughter when you spoke at the Ohio convention. She’s a pitcher and would get easily intimidated by certain batters, especially the bigger ones. Instead of throwing the way she knew how, she’d lose her confidence and stuff. Although she was reluctant to read the book in the beginning, once she started, she couldn’t put it down! She kept saying to us, “Oh! That’s what I’ve been doing wrong!” She just pitched our team to a first place finish in a huge tournament and I’ve never seen her so confident and focused. Thank you for a wonderfully practical book. I’m having everyone on the team use it. – Bob G, parent and coach, Ohio
This revolutionary new book introduces the breakthrough concept of RSPPs-Repetitive Sports Performance Problems
A real breakthrough book for athletes! Having been frustrated using traditional cognitive-behavioral approaches with athletes experiencing freezing, choking or the yips, this book packs in all of the information you need to make a wonderful impact with athletes suffering from these recurrent sports performance issues. I was able to put the breakthrough therapy of `brainspotting’ to immediate use with my clients and the results were spectacular! I would highly recommend this book and its techniques to all practitioners who work with athletes. You will be thrilled with your results. But that’s not all. The authors wrote this book so that athletes could also benefit. They carefully put together treatment strategies that athletes can employ even without a therapist. I recommend this not just for therapists who work with athletes, but for athletes themselves! – Amazon Review
- An easy read, This Is Your Brain On Sports is filled with engaging, and inspiring stories.
- Case examples illustrate how professional, elite, collegiate and junior athletes have been freed for good from this silent “epidemic” of performance blocks and fears including: the yips, “Steve Blass disease,” “Mackey Sasser syndrome,” slumps, balking, choking and freezing.
- Based on the thousands of struggling athletes who Dr. G and Dr. Grand have helped using their breakthrough approach working one-on-one with athletes around the world.
- The “treatment” and “self-help” chapters will teach you how to begin to resolve your fears and blocks and get back on track to peak performance!
This Is Your Brain On Sports: Beating Blocks, Slumps and Performance Fears for Good – The ground-breaking book that will change the face of softball performance forever!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|8 × 5 × 0.519 in
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL