All too often, well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their squash players right before or during matches and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
I was listening to your “Parents” audio today on my drive and I have to say it opened my eyes! Especially the part where you talk about “good” and “bad” nervous. What a life skills gift to teach parents how to teach their kids how to roll with the “juice” that naturally comes up as you’re about to perform! The “Juice” is normal, it is what will fuel you. Don’t fear “The Juice” embrace it. Such a great audio! Thank you. – Wesley, Nevada
- Do you know how to get the best out of your child/athlete?
- Does your child/athlete feel good about him/herself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your child/athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your child/athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your child-athlete to go as far as possible in their sport?
Coach G! I don’t know how to thank you for your “help” over these last few months. I have been using your audio set and I have finally learned to play my OWN game. Before, certain players would always freak me out and I’d get so nervous, I’d end up beating myself by over thinking about them. You’ve taught me what I had been doing wrong and how to correct it and I am eternally grateful. – Scotty, D-1 player, New Jersey
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports drop-out and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
Dr. G. I want to thank you for your new audio series. I have found it incredibly helpful for my squash game. I have always been the kind of player who loses confidence when my opponent strings a number of points together and I’ve had trouble stopping the slide. Your program has helped me get a handle on this and enabled me to stay calm and focused despite my opponent’s runs! In a quarterfinal match last weekend I was ahead 1 – 0 in games when my opponent won the next two games. Instead of panicking, I was able to calmly refocus and win the next two games for the match. I have never done that before! Wow! Thanks! – Jake, Pennsylvania
If you’re the parent of a squash player or you coach, and you really want your kids to be happy and successful, then this CD/MP3 program is a must for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital