The fact is that you can’t reach your true potential as a swimmer without training the mental dimension.
Dr. Alan! Once again you have added another important training tool to my coaching arsenal! I have all of your Cds and books and I especially love your new edition of Smoke! Like all your stuff, it is simple yet powerful! My kids love your stories and look forward do doing your exercises at the end of our practices. I have been able to make mental training a regular part of their development and the results speak for themselves! Thanks for all you do for our sport. Grateful. – John, California
- Are you stuck in a slump or blocked by fears?
- Do you inexplicably lose to weaker opponents?
- Does your concentration abandon you just at that crucial moment?
- Do you have problems choking under pressure?
- Do you lack mental toughness?
- Would you like to know how to mentally prepare for BIG competitions?
14 STEPS TO MENTAL TOUGHNESS will systematically help you resolve those mental problems that keep you from taking your game to that next level. Through the use of exercises, motivational and teaching stories and proven mental toughness strategies you’ll learn to recognize the causes of choking and poor performance and quickly overcome them.
- Develop the ability to deal with last minute negativity and self-doubts
- Control those run-away nerves so that you stay cool and calm under pressure
- Quickly rebound from failure and adversity
- Let go of your mistakes and control your emotions during competition
- Develop the ability to concentrate like a winner
- Identify and avoid the biggest mental mistake made by athletes
- Mentally prepare for those important performances
- Motivate yourself to get the most out of your training on a daily basis
Congratulations on your program, “14 Steps!” They are truly outstanding and thoroughly cover all the mental aspects of sports which are challenging to athletes and coaches. We are using them this year as part of our weekly training program and the kids love your stories and teachings! – Ken S., Head Coach, North Carolina
14 Steps is designed for both coaches and athletes at every level, across all sports. It’s loaded with mental toughness skills, exercises and motivational stories that will help you overcome performance problems, bust slumps and turn you into a consistently mentally tough competitor.
A great little workbook that will help you get a handle on what goes on between your ears. Goldberg always talks about ‘RACES ARE WON AND LOST BEFORE THE START’ and in Swim Fast he shows you why, and how to get your head working for you! Should be part of EVERY swimmer’s dryland training. – Paul, Coach, North Carolina
If you want to develop the mind of a champion swimmer, then this comprehensive, easy-to-listen-to program is just for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.4 in|
Audio CD, Digital