In my experience, Alan Goldberg is one of the leading sports performance consultants in swimming today. His knowledge and effectiveness is based on years of experience working with novice to elite swimmers. DMTS is yet another one of his fine contributions and will really help you train your swimmers to be mentally tough. – David Marsh, Olympic Coach
Swim coaches across the country have frequently asked me to design a “how to” manual for them that would make teaching mental toughness clear and easy. Developing Mentally Tough Swimmers is my response to their need and the best single coaching tool you’ll ever use!
I started my team on your DMTS book and have been working with it all season. We just had the best meet of the entire season! It’s funny that as coaches we never really think to train the brain as well as the body. Thanks for your book to help us do that! – Adam S, New York
- Are you tired of watching your swimmers melt down under big meet pressure?
- Do your athletes consistently train faster than they race?
- Would you like to be able to train your swimmers to be mentally tough?
- Do you wish you had practical exercises and strategies to use with your team?
I look at DMTS as my competitive edge. I have been using it regularly for 5 years now with my club team and it has helped me feel confident teaching mental toughness to my swimmers and getting them to buy in. And the payoff is watching them during the taper meets! My kids are composed and focused and their results back it up! – William, Michigan
For your swimmers to achieve success in practice, it’s 95% mental and 5% physical. Simply put, they must work hard and pay their “physical dues” in order to become a champion! However, to achieve success in big meets, it’s 95% MENTAL and 5% physical! Going fast when it counts the most requires mental toughness and DMTS will help you systematically train your swimmers to compete like champions!
Dr. G, I have been using DMTS with my high school girls ever since you came out with it, (OMG that’s a long time ago!). I can’t begin to tell you how much I have improved as a coach because of it! And then there’s the success my kids have enjoyed as a result! Grateful – Sandy, New York
- “Sell” your swimmers on the importance of mental training
- Learn to effectively handle swimmer negativity
- Create a championship training atmosphere in the pool
- Become a winning motivator and instill team unity
- Teach championship concentration
- Help your swimmers stay cool and calm under shave & taper meet pressure
- Mentally prepare your athletes for big meets
Help your swimmers consistently reach their potential and become the most effective and successful coach you can be!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Print Edition, Digital