All too often, well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their swimmers right before or during competitions and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
I was listening to your “Parents” audio today on my drive and I have to say it opened my eyes! Especially the part where you talk about “good” and “bad” nervous. What a life skills gift to teach parents how to teach their kids how to roll with the “juice” that naturally comes up as you’re about to perform! The “Juice” is normal, it is what will fuel you. Don’t fear “The Juice” embrace it. Such a great audio! Thank you. – Wesley, Nevada
- Do you know how to get the best out of your child/athlete?
- Does your child/athlete feel good about him/herself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your child/athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your child/athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your child-athlete to go as far as possible in their sport?
Dr. Alan! Once again you have added another important training tool to my coaching arsenal! I have all of your Cds and books and I especially love your new edition of Smoke! Like all your stuff, it is simple yet powerful! My kids love your stories and look forward do doing your exercises at the end of our practices. I have been able to make mental training a regular part of their development and the results speak for themselves! Thanks for all you do for our sport. Grateful. – John, California
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports drop-out and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
Dr. G, Thought I’d let you know that I got your Swim CDs for my daughter several weeks ago. At the Ohio State championships she placed 8th in breast. She had a lifetime best in prelims (the first time she had a best in that event in 3 years) and then time-trialed the next Tuesday with lifetime best times in the 200 breast and 100 fly. Her senior year looked like it was going to be awful but I think your program deserves a lot of credit for turning things around. Ever so grateful. – Sherry F, Ohio
If you want to develop the mind of a champion swimmer, then this comprehensive, easy-to-listen-to program is just for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital