All too often, well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their tennis players right before or during competitions and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
I was listening to your “Parents” audio today on my drive and I have to say it opened my eyes! Especially the part where you talk about “good” and “bad” nervous. What a life skills gift to teach parents how to teach their kids how to roll with the “juice” that naturally comes up as you’re about to perform! The “Juice” is normal, it is what will fuel you. Don’t fear “The Juice” embrace it. Such a great audio! Thank you. – Wesley, Nevada
- Do you know how to get the best out of your child/athlete?
- Does your child/athlete feel good about him/herself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your child/athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your child/athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your child-athlete to go as far as possible in their sport?
My son plays #1 singles for his high school team and has been struggling lately with his game and confidence. I got your tennis cd’s at a conference for my own game and let him borrow them. I can’t believe the difference! He used to get upset with bad calls. He’d get down on himself and then give points away. Now he’s playing so much more confidently. I’ve never seen him miss shots and then immediately forget them! His coach is thrilled with the changes and wants the whole team to start listening. Only problem is I want my cd’s back. – Barry T, Tucson, Arizona
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports drop-out and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
Dr. G, I first want to thank you.Just yesterday in a team match, our #6 on the men’s team won a huge match to give us a 5-4 win.He won 4 and 3 but it was not even close.He played nearly flawless at times and was just crushing the ball.He is a senior who has been plagued by self-doubt and a lack of confidence that has always kept him from playing his best tennis.Yesterday when his match was finished and I walked onto his court and told him how proud I was of his play,his exact words were “it is all because of those CD’s.”The second reason I wanted to contact you was to ask how we could get all of our men’s and women’s players the MP3 version of your program! It’s that top notch! Thank you again. – Troy, College Tennis program, Michigan
If you’re the parent of a tennis player or you coach, and you really want your kids to be happy and successful, then this CD/MP3 program is a must for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital