I have taken my experiences as a former Teaching Professional and Twice Conference Champion at UMass and combined it with my 34 years of working one-on-one with tennis players at every level, helping them overcome performance slumps and blocks and perform to their potential to provide you with this powerful, mental toughness training workbook!
Using Your Head To Play Championship Tennis has turned my game around. I always had problems closing out sets and matches. I could never understand why my game changed whenever I got up. Now I finally realize what I have been doing wrong and how to fix it. My last three matches in tournaments where I was ahead, I was able to maintain my composure and lead, and close the match out without crumbling. I don’t know how to thank you. – Dani, South Carolina
- Do you play better in practice than big matches and important tournaments?
- Are you easily intimidated by bigger, stronger opponents?
- Do excessive pre-game jitters steal your confidence?
- Do you have trouble letting go of mistakes and unforced errors?
- Do you really want to reach your tennis dreams?
- Do you struggle with your concentration before or during your matches?
It used to really upset me that I would lose to players who had weaker games than me. Pushers used to drive me nuts and I’d end up beating myself. Not anymore! Since I started using your book, (Using Your Head To Play Championship Tennis) I have been able to play my own game and not beat myself! The best part is there’s one girl who used to always beat me and yesterday was my third win in a row against her. You taught me how to be so much tougher in my mind. I don’t know how to thank you. – Janice A, Virginia
- Test your current mental strengths and weaknesses and understand the mental differences between your best and worst matches
- Learn how to motivate yourself on a daily basis to take your training to the next level
- Better handle last minute doubts and negative thoughts
- Develop winning concentration and stay cool and calm under BIG match pressure
- Quickly let go of unforced errors and bad breaks
- Avoid psych-outs and intimidation and mentally prepare yourself for those BIG matches
- Stay calm under pressure
I’m a sophomore playing at a top ACC tennis program and have had a rough transition to playing at the college level. I would get too nervous and start pushing instead of going for my shots. My mom found your book on the web and sent me the download version. I read the whole thing the very first night and have since read it many more times. You have helped me understand why I was so nervous and what would trigger my pushing. Better yet, I now know how to control my concentration and focus on the right stuff. The end result is I am playing MY game and playing it well. I have already moved up to #3 singles on our team. – Randy, North Carolina
You can’t reach your dreams on the court and become a great tennis player without first using your head: You must learn to develop mental toughness.
Coach Al, I wanted to give you a quick update on Ricky. I am happy to report that he is doing great! He is playing tennis and actually having fun again! Losses aren’t knocking him off balance like before and he’s changed his whole headset to just “enjoying the dance” like you talk about. The anxiety that used to overwhelm him last year is gone and I have no question that your new book and audio set have helped him tremendously. Even I have benefited from your book when Ricky will let me use it! It has helped me become a better sports dad even though I still have my moments. Thanks for all of you do. – Manny, Texas
Using Your Head To Play Championship Tennis is a must for any athlete who is serious about this game and would like to take their abilities as far as possible.
|8 × 5 × 0.519 in
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL