All too often, well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their volleyball players right before or during competitions and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
I was listening to your “Parents” audio today on my drive and I have to say it opened my eyes! Especially the part where you talk about “good” and “bad” nervous. What a life skills gift to teach parents how to teach their kids how to roll with the “juice” that naturally comes up as you’re about to perform! The “Juice” is normal, it is what will fuel you. Don’t fear “The Juice” embrace it. Such a great audio! Thank you. – Wesley, Nevada
- Do you know how to get the best out of your volley ball player?
- Does your athlete feel good about her/himself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your athlete to go as far as possible in their sport?
Dr. G, I bought your mental toughness program for my daughter who plays volleyball. This is a kid who would hang onto her mistakes and tend towards the negatives! Here’s what she put on her volleyball expose as her goals for this year…..and probably every year to come….“Be positive, strong & confident!” And from what her coach has told me, she is playing that way now! Thanks so much! – Russ, Washington
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports drop-out and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
This is a GREAT tool to use with any sport parents. I had the parents on my soccer team listen to it in one of our meetings and I couldn’t believe the response. It opened their eyes. Doc, you have such a great way of presenting things. Your humor makes parents willing to listen to all the things they’ve been doing wrong and what they need to do to change without getting defensive. Bless you. – Ray B, Head Coach, Maryland
If you’re the parent of a volleyball player or you coach, and you really want your kids to be happy and successful, then this CD/MP3 program is a must for you!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital