All too often, well-meaning parents and coaches say and do the wrong things to their water polo players right before or during competitions and as a result, inadvertently set them up to fail.
I was listening to your “Parents” audio today on my drive and I have to say it opened my eyes! Especially the part where you talk about “good” and “bad” nervous. What a life skills gift to teach parents how to teach their kids how to roll with the “juice” that naturally comes up as you’re about to perform! The “Juice” is normal, it is what will fuel you. Don’t fear “The Juice” embrace it. Such a great audio! Thank you. – Wesley, Nevada
- Do you know how to get the best out of your athlete?
- Does your athlete feel good about him/herself in the sport?
- Are you a winning parent/coach?
- Is your athlete suffering from burnout?
- Are you saying the right things to your athlete at competitions?
- Do you want your athlete to go as far as possible in water polo?
Dr. G. Thank you so much! Your mental toughness material has helped John be more calm at games. The difference in his play is amazing! You are a treasure to us. – Carla, Oregon
- Recognize the performance disrupting mistakes that parents and coaches make and learn to avoid them.
- Understand and use the 7 Principles of Peak Performance to insure that your child stays happy and performs to his/her potential.
- Build self-esteem and confidence in your child.
- Know what your role is on the parent-athlete-coach team and how to play it to the best of your ability. Insure that your child avoids burn-out.
- Prevent your child-athlete from becoming a youth sports drop-out and instead help them feel and perform like a winner.
This is a GREAT tool to use with any sport parents. I had the parents … listen to it in one of our meetings and I couldn’t believe the response. It opened their eyes. Doc, you have such a great way of presenting things. Your humor makes parents willing to listen to all the things they’ve been doing wrong and what they need to do to change without getting defensive. Bless you. – Ray B, Head Coach, Maryland
Dr. G’s book will teach you how to head off parent problems early on, defuse crises and win the support of the parents so that they enhance rather than undercut your efforts. Getting Parents to Work With You, Not Against You is a must read for any water polo coach who is looking for practical advice and strategies to help them work with their athletes’ parents!
Though this product is not sport-specific, I’ve consistently received positive feedback from athletes in your sport about its effectiveness!
|Dimensions||10 × 8.5 × 2.5 in|
Audio CD, Digital