Based on the extensive one-on-one work I’ve done with Collegiate, High School, and club level wrestlers helping them overcome performance fears and slumps and perform to their potential, I’ve developed a hands-on tool for you to gauge your current level of mental toughness and then systematically strengthen your mental muscles!
Using Your Head To Wrestle Like a Champion has helped me get over a two year problem. I would lose my aggressiveness when I stepped on the mat in bigger tournaments. It drove me and my coach nuts but I couldn’t get myself to wrestle the way I know how. Your book helped me control my concentration and when I started doing that, my confidence came back! Now I can proudly say that the bigger the match, the more comfortable I am! Wow! Thanks – Brian, Minnesota
- Do you perform better in practice than you do in matches?
- Do you get easily intimidated or psyched out by other wrestlers?
- Is choking a problem for you?
- Do you have trouble focusing on what’s important under pressure?
- Do you mysteriously lose your aggresiveness when a big match starts?
- Are you flooded with last minute negative thoughts and self-doubts?
I wrestle D-1 and am coming off my best season ever. I have to say that one of the big reasons for this is what I learned in your book (Using Your Head To Wrestle Like a Champion). If you want mental toughness, this book will teach you HOW. – Denny, Michigan
- Master last minute pre-performance doubts and negativity
- Concentrate like a champion
- Stay calm and composed under pressure
- Quickly rebound from mistakes and disappointing matches
- Mentally prepare for that really big tournament
- Develop winning motivation
- Worksheets immediately help you get a handle on effective mental strategies
Wrestle Like a Champion has helped me do just that! As corny as this sounds Dr. G, your book has taught me how to mentally prepare for my bouts like a champion. I don’t get into ‘bad nervous’ anymore. I don’t get psyched out by bigger opponents anymore. I don’t worry about the “what ifs” any more. I don’t get distracted by my coach, who’s watching, or anyone else anymore. I just go out there and use my butterflies to wrestle the way I know how! I’m getting closer to my dream of a State Championship thanks to your book! – Caleb, Iowa
Since big match performance is 95% mental, you had better have your head on straight when you step onto the mat for that all-important match. Using Your Head to Wrestle Like a Champion will systematically train you to consistently perform your best when it counts the most. It’s a must for athletes who would like to take their performance to the next level.
|8 × 5 × 0.519 in
PRINT EDITION, DIGITAL