HERE’S WHAT OTHER COACHES, ATHLETES AND THEIR PARENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT DR. GOLDBERG’S ONE-ON-ONE SKYPE CONSULTATION SERVICE...
- Both my wife and I would like thank you for assisting Jack with your sessions a few years ago. I always knew he had the ability to perform on the field...I was not sure he knew it! His high school career will end this year with All State Honors and All Eastern Conference Team as well. He has just signed a letter of intent with (D1 program) on a baseball scholarship. He was heavily recruited by almost 10 schools! Looking back on his development, itwas because of your work with him that Jack made the leap to be the best he could be while believing in himself. Jim, Baseball dad, CT
- "Dr. G... you literally changed (and saved) my life. I recently graduated from a D1 university in Ohio where I was a pole vaulter for 5 years. Before that, I had pole vaulted since 7th grade, so it was like second nature to me. Until, one day, it became impossible because of an injury and ACL reconstruction surgery. In my senior year, I could not get myself to pole vault. I would run through continuously, get frustrated, my coach would yell, I would be at a loss for why an elite pole vaulter like myself couldn't even take a jump up. It got to the point where I couldn't even think about pole vault without nearly having an anxiety attack. After a few sessions with Dr. G, I knew he knew what he was doing. He was the only person that I felt like knew exactly what I was going through. He worked with me from indoor through the conference meet of my outdoor season and I went from absolutely panicking at the thought of pole vault, to completing practices and meets and rarely running through, setting a personal best for indoor, moving up poles, and placing at the outdoor conference meet. If you aren't a pole vaulter - these are big deals! The skills he taught me I will use for a lifetime. If you are struggling in your sport, as frustrating as it is, I promise if you give Dr. G a try, he will change your life. He is 100% worth the money. I would never wish an athletic struggle on anyone, especially those in college, but going through this mental training has been one of the best things that's ever happened to me." Lexi Jarrett, Pole Vaulter, MD.
- "It’s JP the snowboarder from Utah. Just wanted to let you know that you helped me out a great deal and I have been back on the board for awhile now and having success and feeling good. Of course there have been some ups and downs but all in all I wouldn’t be in this position still without your help. Thanks so much," JP Walker, Snowboarder UT
- "I want to thank you for all of the help you have given Kent. It continues to make all of the difference in his swimming. At County Champs, not only did Kent's team win, but he was also named Swimmer of the Meet! Thank you so much for all of your help!" Laura, Swim mom, PA
- "Ross had a GREAT week in Argentina. He scored the winning goal in the last minute of the last game! The smile on his face, teammates jumping on him.....it was one of those MOMENTS.....that I will always remember. Thanks so, so much for all of your help." Joseph, Soccer dad, NC.
- "Alan, I wanted you to know that Tay has her unofficial visit to South Carolina this weekend where the assistant coach said 'she did not have to make her decision then, but he would love it if she did!' She has a couple of other Div 1 colleges interested in her as well, but to play in the SEC - she is so excited. A long way from the girl who could not put her skills into play! She has consistently had a BA of over 500, OBP of 600+ and fielding - let's just say it is so much fun to watch and the general phrase on the team is "Our centerfielder would have caught that!" Her mental state both on and off the field is great. I know this sounds like I am bragging - and maybe a little - but you and your books have had a HUGE impact on where she is now and I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart!" Amy, Softball mom, SC
- "Alan, I just want to thank you for all of your help over the past few months. Before I began working with you I was really nervous and discouraged. You have not only helped me improve my throw, but my overall confidence and my view towards softball as well. Your advice has helped me in my pitching, hitting and in other sports also. Thanks again," Jenna, softball pitcher, CO
- "Thank you for all you have done for me over the past 4 years. Since our last talk I have continued to develop my mental strength using the methods you gave me. Without your help I doubt I would be swimming at the college next year. My best event in college will most likely be the 400 IM! ironically, which I never would have been able to swim without your help. I also want to thank you for sparking my interest in psychology. I am planning to major in psychology or neuroscience and am very excited to study the brain and human behavior." Trish MD Swimmer
- I want to thank you for your amazing program! Two months ago when I reached out to you, my daughter was done with gymnastics. She wanted to quit because she did not feel she would ever do her skills again. She was tired of being yelled at and tired of crying each day at the gym. Yesterday she had her Virginia State meet and she placed 4th on floor with a 9.350!!!! The change that has come with using your program is astounding. She uses it not only with her gymnastics but in everything she does! Grateful" Terry, Gym dad, VA
"I just wanted to thank you for all you did to help me throughout the season. It was really remarkable the progress that I made, it seemed as if I was a whole different swimmer. I'm not going to lie, I was very apprehensive doing these lessons to start but wasn't in a good place with my swimming. I wasn't having fun, would overthink things too much and doubt myself.
You really turned me around. It wasn't a miracle, it took many weeks and work, but I'm back to being much happier. You taught me to enjoy the moment, and to have fun while it lasts. I was able to take all this pressure off myself and have this carefree but ready to go attitude. I now have more faith in myself than I have ever had before. Thank you for all your help, I truly couldn't have done it without you! :)" SB, Swimmer MA.
- I just wanted to let you know that Max had a very good summer baseball season on the mound. He closed with five consecutive strong outings. Including his first complete game in a long time. He's in a completely different place than when I first contacted you about this time last year. Thanks so much. John, Baseball dad, PA.
- Thank you so much for all you did for Abigail! She had her best year in high school sports with PR's in cross country and track, state appearances in both sports and a cross country medal! She will be competing in college next season and we are thrilled for her! Gratefully," Tanya, XC & Track mom, LA.
- Thank you for helping Noah! It was thrilling and exciting to see him finally make his NCAA cuts and qualify for the big show. He was so relaxed and comfortable at the meet and thoroughly enjoyed himself. What a transformation! So appreciative!" Janice, Swim mom, CA.
- I wanted to thank you for helping me to love the game of basketball again. I had a great senior year! Thanks again, and if you every need me for a reference, please don’t hesitate to call!" Mike F, D-1 Basketball Player, NY.
- "I want to thank you again! I do think I have a different kid again! A kid with the wonderment of possibility again who is willing to dream again without that heavy burden that he had been carrying. He is feeling respected for what he is doing and safe now to successd! In some ways he is freer than ever before and no longer stuck in his head!" Jen, Swim Mom MI
- "Haley will graduate high school next Saturday and was chosen as one of twelve girls that made the cheer squad for University! In tryouts she was able to do ALL of her tumbling and stunting! Amazing given where she started! I am so so grateful for your work. She has finally learned how to master her fears and compete! I couldn't be more proud of her! Thank you again for all that you do! Grateful," Samantha, Cheer & Gym mom, SC
- “Dr. G. I used to get so nervous before my races that by the time I hit the halfway point, I was totally burnt! Guys who I'd beat in practice would then always beat me. I can't tell you how frustrating this has been for me! Since I started working with your training audios and workbooks, I've figured out what I had been doing wrong that was getting me nervous. Now I am able to stay calm before the gun and run like I do in practice, FASTER! I can't tell you what a relief this has been for me! Thanks,” Josh, XC runner, NH
- "Dr G, We can't thank you enough for all of your help with Reid this season. I think you gave him valuable tools and an understanding and language to communicate better with his coaches. We've seen huge growth in him and true mental toughness!" Jen, swim mom, NV
"Dear DR. G, A year and a half ago you helped me via telephone consultation sessions with my Comp Rifle shooting. I finished that year with a very solid win! However the previous season was a major disappointment! I could not make it happen. Since working with you I have pulled everything that you had shown me together and nailed the distinguished rifleman badge #2142. I shot on the New York State High-power team and had a great time. There is no more thinking about it, It just happens, it's confidence on steroids. I just wanted to Thank you for your help and encouragement." Bill, rifle shooter, NY
- Dr. G: I personally wanted to thank you for your knowledge and passion in helping Katie. You helped her turn her Pole Vault season around from what we thought would vie a total loss to a wonderful success! She went from not being able to take off the runway, to setting a new PR of 13 feet, ranking her second in the state, and placing at the California State meet! But beyond the success she has had in pole vault, you have given her skills that she will use throughout her life. She has amazing confidence and grace now! I'm very proud of her and the wonderful person she is. Gratefully," Nancy, Track & Field mom, CA
- “I don't know if you remember me but my name is Hayley and I am a dancer. I wanted thank you for all the advice you gave me. I now know that I need to stay in the now and never focus on the what-ifs. I am living my dream right now! I'm leaving for Las Vegas on the 7th for the TV show "So You Think You Can Dance." I auditioned last week and made it to the final round! You have helped me stay mentally strong throughout this whole process. Your words of advice have helped me so so much!” Haley, Dancer, MA
- “Hi Alan: The area championship went very well. I did the higher level practice round very successfully on Friday and finished the competition on my dressage score with a great stadium and cross country round! I was so pleased with how everything went. My best news though is that I ended up in first place on the leaderboard for the year! I am the U.S. Eventing Association Master Adult and Master Amateur Rider of the Year at my level!! Thank you so, so much for all of your help.” Julia, Equestrian, NM
- “Alan, I thought I'd let you know how Mandy is doing. The last time we spoke she was about to compete in a huge show, the kind where if they even call your name for placings you should be proud. Mandy placed in 2 of her events! We were thrilled! In June, she had shows almost every weekend and at one, she won the single day Novice Youth All-Around title and at the Region 8 Champs, she won 2 events! She's not afraid to jump anymore and she has come so far since we first talked to you. You have helped her get over the hump and really take off!” Shelly, Equestrian mom, OK.
- "Dennis did great this past weekend at the tournament in Kansas City—he placed in the top 32 for points (his first for this age bracket!). This result does not however give the full measure of his fencing that day which was superb—many people said his last bout with the #2 ranked fencer in the US was “a bout for the record books!” Even that fencer said—“Wow Dennis—where did that come from?” Although he lost by one point (15/14), his fencing was amazing. He had great control and I was so pleased to see him fencing this well. He also got lots of attention from college coaches after they watched this bout. This would not have been possible without you. Thank you again.” Linda, Fencing mom, NJ
- "Alan, An update on States: Conditions were awful, extremely cold and windy and the course was poorly maintained. Despite that, Eli held it together and shot an 80 the first day,(which is not great, but considering the lousy conditions, was good). He was 4 strokes behind the leader and had nothing over a double bogey. He finished the next nine w/ a disappointing 41, but ended 6th at state. Last year he finished 22nd! Eli has made "All-State" and "Academic All-State." I could definitely see him using the techniques that you taught him. He was able to refocus and when he did hit a bad shot, was able to leave it behind him. Thank you so much for working with us on such short notice and for the confidence you were able to bring back in our son." Kelly, Golfing mom, NY
- "DR. G. I just want to thank you for your work! Years ago I was really struggling and we talked. I was a quarterback at Dickinson State University and had zero confidence. Your sessions really helped me open the door to my mind and the possibilities that it had inside. Your mental exercises and techniques are amazing and they really helped me live within the moment. Now I am playing like I know I can. Thank you so much," Mitch, Football, CO.
- Dr. G! Riley is doing so wonderfully, thanks to you! She carries the book you gave her in her gym bag and looks at it from time to time. Honestly, we can't thank you enough for all you did. The coach from her gym contacted me and asked if I would talk to two other gymnast's families about you. We have had so many people approach us at the gym and say so many good things about Riley. We are thrilled with her progress and so grateful for all you have done for us as a family." Mark, gym dad, MA
- "Thanks so much for talking with Jonny! He learned a great deal from you and it gave him a platform from which he could begin to differentiate and choose among helpful and detrimental externals. He now sees coaching and competition quite differently than ever before. His self awareness has grown, as did his self-control, and even sometimes, his sense of humor about it all. You were a wonderful addition to Jonny's training. I wish we'd found you sooner! But I suppose everything has its time and place!" Gail, NY Swim mom
- "Alan, I am writing to give you an update on Ashley! Simply put, your help was well worth the money! She had the meet of her life at States becoming the State Champion on uneven bars and finishing third All Around! We are so grateful for what you've done for her!" Tootsie, Gym mom, OK
- "Dr. G, Just a quick message to let you know that I've been doing great mentally with soccer. I've been able to completely block out Coach and my mom and bring myself back to the now, if I catch myself slipping. Thank you very much for everything. Because of you, I feel like I have been able to perform my best. (Although I still have you on speed dial, just in case! Ha ha.) Nicole, college soccer player, NC
- "I wanted to touch base with you in the midst of all of our happiness and let you know that my son Greg, whom you counseled a few years ago, has signed a national letter of intent to compete gymnastics at Penn State University. Greg was recruited by five DivisionI schools, three of them Big 10. It was a tough decision, but so thrilling to be given it to make. He has had much success during the past two seasons, but more importantly, he has regained his confidence and truly enjoys his sport again. Thank you so much for the help that you gave Greg. I know it made a difference." Marci, gym mom, DE
- After we finished the session yesterday, Jacob said he felt really good and said "The game tonight is going to go well...I know it". First shift of the game the puck was in our end and as soon as the puck dropped, he stripped the puck off a player coming towards him at full speed and went in on a breakaway and scored! Next shift he fore checked hard, without fear or hesitation and again stripped the puck off their defense and setup another goal. The rest of the game continued the same. It was like he was possessed, yet laughing, smiling and truly enjoying every moment. It was a pleasure to watch. After the game his coach said to the team that Jacob was the first star of the game, praised him for his efforts and announced 'the old Jacob is back!' Thank you Thank you!” Jim, Ice Hockey dad, BC
- Michaela finished her season at States with a 4th all around! At Regionals she bettered that finishing 3rd all around with her highest meet score ever, a 37.7! I am so grateful to you for helping her get her old self back! She is so excited about getting the rest of her level 9 skills and moving on. She couldn’t have achieved this without your help. We will forever be grateful to you! The skills she learned from you will help in every aspect of her life! Lori, gym mom, CT
- Just prior to working with Dr. G my confidence was at an all time low. I couldn’t throw strikes and I was on the verge of giving up on my lifelong goal of playing professional baseball…And to be honest I have to say that I was a bit skeptical that any of this “mental stuff” could really help me. After a number of sessions with Alan he helped me recover my total confidence, focus better and stay calm under pressure. This led to my best year ever as a college pitcher and I am now realizing my dream of playing professional ball with the Atlanta Braves organization Mike Roberts, pitcher Atlanta Braves
Sandy finished her junior year with a berth at States in 3 events. While she didn’t reach the goals she had set for herself, her disappointment didn’t derail her the way it would’ve in the past. On the contrary! She got more determined and motivated doing phenomenally well in her Senior Championships against college and high school students. She handled the pressure beautifully, remained cheerful and really blew us away. After her swim, several college coaches handed off info about their programs to her coach! Thanks again for your help and support.” P.P., Illinois, Swimming
Debbie is doing so well, it’s unbelievable!! You really are amazing! She is doing all her skills and more. We are still slowly working on the back tuck on high beam, but it is coming along nicely! She is tumbling like a true gymnast and has such a positive attitude!! I want you to know that you have helped Janice (parent) and I as much as Debbie. I just wanted to thank you now for the happy child that Deb has become!! It’s nice to see her smile again!”K.W., Gymnastics coach, Connecticut
- "5 weeks before our Division III College Conference Championships, my diver became paralyzed with fear so incapacitating that he couldn't even walk to the end of the board. We had no idea what had brought all this on or what to do about it. After 3 weeks of unsuccessful therapy with other therapists, a fellow coach suggested I contact Dr. Goldberg for help. We only had 2 weeks left before championships and we were all getting pretty desperate! After 2 sessions, my diver was back on the boards and slowly regaining his confidence and overcoming his fear. By the end of the 2 weeks and a few more conversations, it was hard to believe my diver had ever experienced any fears at all! Not only was he successful in overcoming his fears, but he also had become more confident in himself. As a result he won both the 1Meter and 3Meter events at Championships! What a great ending to what seemed to be the end of a very successful young diver's career. Thanks Dr. G for seeing us through this very stressful time. You're the best!!" A Happy Diving Coach, Vermont
"Dr. G. I wanted to catch you up on our son's progress and to thank you for the results you have produced. While he's always had the talent and willingness to work hard, up until this point perfectionism had been his worst enemy. For 5 years he's bounced between being a starter on his nationally ranked AAU basketball team to being the man at the end of the bench, depending on his degree of self-criticism. He truly was his own worst enemy. Last February, your entry into his life began a change that has made a tremendous difference. Your working with him and teaching him to concentrate and let go of mistakes has given him freedom. Watching him play is suddenly a great pleasure, and whereas talking to him about a game or even complimenting him afterwards was formerly strictly taboo, he now actually starts the conversation, and finds occasion to laugh about certain plays or shots! Basketball has become fun to watch! He plays with confidence, and his mother, his coach and I are enjoying watching the player we always knew was inside. We've always had confidence in our son's ability, but now we also have confidence in his future as a player, and his ability to hit the very specific goals he's laid out for himself. We hope you'll stay a part of his life through his last year in middle school and throughout his years as a high school student. Thank you for changing all our lives through your efforts."
A very appreciative father in S.W Missouri, Basketball
Danielle was such a talented pitcher before she got hit in the face last year. She had confidence and could throw hard with good placement to anybody. After her accident that all changed. She got very tentative and would walk the batters she thought were good. She lost her confidence and would cry before all her games. Quite simply she was a wreck and I thought softball was supposed to be fun! I don’t know what you did with her but your sessions have turned her around completely. Now I see the old Danielle on the mound. She’s confident, relaxed and has that old intensity again. Best of all she’s having fun out there! I would never have thought that we could have gotten these kind of services at a long distance. I’m a grateful believer. Thanks ever so much! E Booth, mother of 15-year-old softball pitcher, TX.
"Dr. G. As a college football player I'd be the first one to tell you that I didn't buy into this sports performance stuff, until I started struggling on the field. It seemed like the harder I tried to play better and get out of this thing, the worse I did. I was angry at my dad at first for suggesting I talk with you, but I am so glad I did! I've always had a lot of potential, but potential is a scary word if nothing ever comes from it. You really taught me how important your head is in this game and how to play mentally tough. My attitude has turned completely around. I don't worry about messing up the way I used to. I'm averaging 5 catches and 2 touchdowns a game in our off-season flag football league. I don't worry about dropping the ball anymore and I now have the tools to excel like I always knew I could. Even I recommend you now and I can't tell you how much of a compliment that really is!"D.C., Michigan, Football
Before consulting with Dr. Goldberg, I experienced nervousness at race time, was unable to attack my races, and backed away when I reached the “pain zone”. Dr. Goldberg taught me to really concentrate and trust my training. He helped me narrow my focus at race time and go for it. I was able to use his strategies resulting in lifetime best performances at the Conference championships. Thanks Dr. G for helping me increase my self-confidence and improve my mental attitude. I no longer hold myself back by setting limits for myself. Racing became fun again and I realized what I had been missing. College freshman, New York, Swimming
"Mike is now hitting well. I can't believe the difference. He is practicing his mental skills that you've taught him and they've really paid off. You have helped him through his slump, but more importantly you have started him doing the things that he needs to do in order to move on to the next level."
JG, Texas, Baseball
"Thanks for all your help this year Dr. Goldberg. I was so stressed out and so frustrated at how badly I was riding. My nerves always seemed to get the better of me. You've really taught me how to "chill out" and focus. This competitive season has been so different for me because of what I learned from you. Much less stress and I'm having fun again! To update you, I was very successful at Canadian Nationals earning 3 top tens including one in an open class where any rider, including professionals and trainers can compete. I also won Res. Champion in my costume event and a National Champion in my English Pleasure event beating several horses that have already been National Champions in this event in the past. I don't know how to thank you enough!" CH, Washington, Equestrian
Nick lost his first 2 matches at States and was eliminated, but I am really proud of the way he handled the pressure and wrestled – the competition was very strong and the guys that placed in the top 8 had been to States before. His confidence and composure under pressure were refreshing to see. I appreciate the help you gave him in mental preparation and toughness. It was well worth the investment. K.T., California, Wrestling
Ashley and I wanted to thank you for all your help. She made the Regional team and for once played in try-outs the way she knows she’s capable of. She told me that she didn’t make herself nervous and the tools that you taught her worked like a charm. While I’m thrilled that she’s playing good soccer again, as a mother the more important thing is that she’s happy again and feeling good about herself. Thanks for everything. B. L., mother of 15-year-old soccer player, MI.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for helping me save my golf game. As I told you I was once a 4-handicap golfer and over the years a bad case of the “yips” when I putted ballooned that to the point where I was ready to quit for good. When we first talked I honestly believed that no one could help me, never mind a peak performance expert. Not only do I humbly stand corrected, but I’m greatly in your debt. You helped me “put my head on straight” and taught me how to focus. The fact that I can now putt calmly without the “yips” is testimony enough to the miracle that you worked. Thanks ever so much! W.T. Connecticut. Golf
I have been coaching high school swimming for 26 years. My youngest son has been struggling ever since he was a freshman in high school. He was talented, trained circles around his teammates but would always swim slower than he thought he should in meets. His frustration never left him as he went off to swim D-I and his answer to the problem, “train harder”, only seem to make things worse and increase his frustration. After seeing you at our state clinic I got him to talk with you. I can’t begin to tell you what a difference it’s made in him. His entire outlook and attitude towards swimming has changed. His frustration has disappeared and he’s always talking about the different things he’s learned from you. Even his friends and coach have noticed these changes. The icing on the cake of course is that his times have improved significantly. But most important, our son feels good about himself again and is enthusiastic about his swimming. Dennis Schrieber, MI. Swimming
As the parent of a 10-year-old level 8 gymnast, I turned to the Internet and located Dr. Goldberg via USA Gymnastics. Even though I was more than a bit skeptical of how much assistance “telephonic sessions” could benefit my daughter I decided to contact him anyway. I was impressed by his candor and decided to let my daughter try it. Within 6 months this athlete who was completely “psyched out” on the balance beam went from spending her beam practices standing on the beam sobbing to winning a gold medal at a state competition. It is the coaches and parents’ opinion, as well as my daughter’s that Dr. Goldberg’s work with her was responsible for her ability to achieve such remarkable progress by learning to develop more effective coping strategies to deal with fears and frustrations. It is without reservation that we highly recommend Dr. Goldberg to our fellow gymnasts, families and coaches. Sheri Aden, mother of 10-year-old gymnast, PA
I recently spoke to you about a challenge I’m having with a couple of my swimmers. You gave me some ideas about an athlete who was pulling back in practice and taking her place as “second fiddle” even though she is much stronger than anyone else in the pool. I just wanted to let you know that your advice was “GOLDEN” and that she is back up on top where she belongs. Her mental toughness and focus in the pool during practice and competition is directly related to your helpful advice. I want to thank you for helping me reach my athletes in a new and powerful way! Tim Hull Head Coach Durham Dolphin Swim Team, CA.
KB’s success as a diver is due to finding that last piece in the puzzle–You! I think all along she has had the ability and found good coaching - but the mental aspect of her sport needed work. All of us, including KB are very thankful to you. She credits her success this year to her conversations with you, they have made all the difference in the world. Thank you so much! Parent of 17-year-old diver, IL.
I wanted to thank you and let you know how things turned out for Sarah. While she didn’t qualify for Regionals, she wasn’t disappointed because of all that she has overcome this season. You did an exceptional job with her and for this we are very grateful. Sarah is now doing double fulls regularly along with all kinds of new and interesting skills. She is living proof that you know what you’re talking about. A. B., mother of 12-year-old gymnast, FL
When I first called you I had been having trouble with my hitting for 3 months. It seemed that everything that I tried didn’t work. I was so frustrated I wanted to break my bat. My confidence was “gutter level” and my coach was thinking of pulling me out of clean-up position. I can’t thank you enough for teaching me how to relax and just trust myself. I am having so much more fun now playing and my batting average is starting to climb back up to where it belongs. Now I can shake my bad at-bats without them bringing my whole game down. Thanks for making me mentally tough. J. P. MA. Baseball player
Doc, I know you tell yourself this every morning, but you are the greatest! I have never seen A.W. so outwardly happy in practice and around me. The change in my athlete is so dramatic! Her mother also said that she is a better person at home. She is so much more focused and working her butt off in practice. Keep up the good work. Ed Bachman, Head Coach Swimming, OH
Alan ‘s phone service is like having your very own sports specialist on call. His individual work has been invaluable to a number of my swimmers. 2 in particular were having self-image problems that were affecting their racing. They both lacked confidence and a belief in themselves. Dr. G’s work with them greatly improved their self-esteem and this has been directly reflected both in and out of the pool. Andy Wedman, Head Coach, Vacaville Swim Team, CA
Before I talked with Dr. G my confidence was really low. I knew I had the talent but I couldn’t seem to put it together on the field. Whenever I messed up I would always think about my mistakes and carry them around with me. With Dr. G’s help I realized what I was doing wrong and he taught me how to quickly let go of them and refocus. Now I’m more concerned with present events when I play, my confidence is sky high and when I do make mistakes, I’m able to catch myself quickly and move on. Jeremy Giard, D-I collegiate baseball player, MA
Dear Doctor G. I just got back from Nationals. It was fun. I did good. I made all my tumbling passes on floor! I even made finals!! I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you helping me get over my fear of tucks. Thanks again. LM, age 11, gymnast MO
- I just want you to know how much we appreciate what you have done for Kaye. She had such a great Championships and this was after having a major disappointment in her first event. In the past this would have set the tone for the whole meet and Kaye would have let it bring her down. Not this time! She knew exactly how to let her disappointment go and her attitude was amazing. She said that you taught her how to be mentally tough and now we can really see it! You’ve helped Kaye so much and we can’t thank you enough! K. M., mother of 16-year-old swimmer